Size and Availability:
Sheet / Slab stock
- Thickness: 1/16”thk to 4hk
- Sheet sizes: 48”x 36”, 48”x 48”, 48”x 96” and 48”x 120”
Rod / Round stock
- Diameters: 1/16”Dia to 6”Dia
- Rod lengths: 2 ft or 4 ft, varies by Diameter
Tubes / Hollow rounds
- Diameters: 3/16”OD x 1/8”ID up to 2.50”OD x 1.50”ID
- Rod lengths: 2 ft or 4 ft, varies by ID/OD
|Phenolic LE (NEMA LE) is used where better machining is needed compared to that offered by other canvas grades. This product consists of a fine-weave
linen fabric and electrical grade of phenolic resin. Besides easy machining, Phenolic LE operates with less noise than metal. In addition, this physical
material is not as abrasive as fiberglass alternatives when used in wear applications.
Since it does not spark when struck, Phenolic LE can be used in explosion-proof environments. Suitable for smaller and more intricate shapes than those
made with Phenolic C, this product is commonly used to make gears, pulleys, rollers, and guides, as well as electrical insulating parts.
Phenolic LE complies with the requirements of MIL-I-24768/13, Type FBE.
- Outstanding electrical properties
- Easily machined and fabricated
- Dimensionally stable
- Good wear characteristics
- Electrical insulating parts